Given the continued weak environment for mining equipment manufacturers, an extensive list of measures in three strategic areas was defined and advanced from July 2015 on. Areas of activity can be defined as “organic growth”, “external growth” and “operational excellence”:
- Implementing market analyses
- Optimisation of the company’s multinational production system
- Detailed analysis of individual, specific markets
- Streamlining of development processes
- Sounding the market for strategic partnerships
Through these strategic measures, SMT Scharf aims to achieve a better positioning in the next mining upturn, and participate in market opportunities to an above-average extent. This approach pursues the objective of an expanded range of products and services in the mining logistics area, and the target of being perceived on the market as a system supplier.